vechain worth one million After discovering this pie chart, I was excited to rejoin the Third Tuesday Crew at Melrose in Calgary, AB to discuss online video for business. You can follow on the conversation through @MelroseRedMile or #TTyyc
The content from tonight’s gathering was provided by Jeff Bradshaw and Geoff Hughes from Zoom Web Video. Jeff and Geoff broke their talk down into three parts. First, 10 predicitons for video in 2012 followed by a few case studies and lastly Q&A. The following is a profile video highlighting what Zoom does
gain qtum login Top 10 Video Predictions for 2012
1. Video will become mainstream for corporate communications.
2. We will begin to see many more video based campaigns. Walmart has created hundreds of videos similar to the one below. Walmart uses video as a tool to engage their internal and external customers.
3. Video will be everywhere. The combination of high speed, WiFi, remote Hotspots, and mobile will make video accessible to everyone wherever they may be. In stores, we may see more QR codes linking customers to specific product videos. For and example of how to do that click here
4. Video will just work on all devices. Formats will no longer matter.
5. Video becomes more prominent on social platforms. Personal note – If you have ever looked at your social media feed on Flipboard you have likely noticed the same thing I have; video is more appealing than text.
6. Online video advertising continues to grow forcing traditional media companies to evolve even more. For example, our local newspaper The Calgary Herald has created a video page on their website and termed it Herald TV. Most SLR cameras now record HD video which turns photographers and journalists into videographers.
7. Video gets the green light from most IT departments
8. Low quality video is accepted, but not preferred. These guys may have a lot of traffic, but is it the kind of traffic that they want?
9. Big companies are now in the video broadcast game. Essentially, this turns companies into TV stations. Along with the ability to publish, comes the need to manage, produce and control both content and talent.
10. Bigger transition from written to visual word. Would you rather read 20 pages on Telus’ corporate social responsibility or watch this video?
best tron miner forum Case Studies
1. Video as Branded Entertainment: Red Bull
- Developed content around extreme sports (1700+ videos)
- Primarily use video as a form of entertainment
- Video integrates their product rather than push it
- Have to know your audience to be able to entertain them
2. Video as an Employee Engagement tool: Victoria, Department of Justice
- Be exciting
- Creativity is part of the design
- Focus your message
- Talk to people, connect with your audience
- Keep it unique
3. Video for Corporate Communications: Encana
- The use of employee “navigators” to show visitors around their website
- Video serves a purpose, adds direction and makes micro-celebrities of staff
- Measurable success. If your target market is 50,000 people, don’t expect 10,000,000 views
- Quality of the video should be up to the standards of the brand and message
4. Video as Content Marketing: Sportchek
- Help customers in the shopping process
- Videos will help position your brand and staff as experts
- Videos can also be used to train other staff
5. Video as a Training Tool: YouTube
- Simple to use
- Allow viewer to access on their own time
- Make it easy to update and change content. Design short modules rather than long videos.
- Easy disengagement and reingagement
verge price ticker widget Questions and Answers
Q. I have a challenge with streaming.
A. Try Limelight.
Q. What if I can’t produce a high quality video?
A. Some video is better than no video. High quality isn’t necessary, just preferred. High quality doesn’t mean high cost. There are many low cost tools that anyone could use in their personal business to generate ie. Moviemaker, iMovie, Garage Band etc. or click here to read another article on the topic from John Jantsch
Top 10 Most Popular Articles
- A Glossary of the Most Common Marketing Terms
- How to Buy Radio Advertising in Calgary (or anywhere else)
- Transmedia Storytelling and Content Marketing
- It’s A Small World After All
- The 5 Most Inspiring Marketing Books I’ve Ever Read
- The Most Predictive Sales KPIs – A Balanced Scorecard Approach
- The 25 Best Business Articles I’ve Ever Read
- Calgary Radio Advertising Checklist: Lite 95.9 or JACK FM #yyc
- Four Characteristics of an Adaptive Organization
- Part One: Building a Tribe – The Sufferfest #IWBMATTKYT
Sign up for our newsletter!