Thanks to CIR Realty for hosting this great event. I missed the two other guys who were instrumental in putting this day together but if anybody and comment on their names, I’ll name sure to add a link to their business.
I was about 1/2 hour late so I’ll start this post from the point of time that I arrived.
mellnagyobbítás árak Panel Discussion
Q. How do you measure ROI?
- You’re selling ideas so it’s important to track how successful the ideas are implanted. This leads back to trust and so it’ important to prove what you claim. For oil & gas companies, it’s not enough to claim that you’re not harming the environment, you have to prove it.
http://es.growmybreasts.com/ http://es.growmybreasts.com/ How can realtors stand out?
- MLS listings are a commodity so inventory is not a differentiator. Whether or not I can stand 4 hours a car with you is.
ro.megabreast.com If content is King, what is your approach to content strategy?
- Create content that builds trust.
- Think about how the content builds or breaks your reputation.
- Try to create content that raises your value (value = Benefit/cost).
- Relevance is King, not content
- Social Media allows Westjet to explain to customers what’s happening behind the scene.
- Create a space for customer generated content “Dear Westjet, please whisk me away to _________”
- Try to stimulate conversations.
http://cz.breast-enhancer-pills.com/ cz.breast-enhancer-pills.com What Kinds of things are you scaling back on in your Marketing for 2013?
- Questioning the value of Newspaper. We need to get a better understanding of how consumers are using digital content and how we can reach them.
- Market is so competitive we are also scaling back on print. Digital is quicker and better able to respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Mobile is a very real platform that we need to figure out.
- We are all trying to figure out the right media mix but newspaper is definitely decreasing.
- Video and web are becoming core components of this mix.
- Everyone wants to know what gives me the best bang for my buck. Digital gives us the ability to track everything.
- Guesses that 10-15% of marketing budgets are being allocated to Social Media and digital spending. This area is growing mainly in web and video.
- When he took over at CREB there was no organized activity in new media so he focused on this.
- Experimenting with video and blogging.
- The transition from traditional to social is like shifting sands. If you turn your back on traditional media you are losing lots of opportunity (cool example here).
- Understand who your customers are and what kinds of ways they communicate (great tool here).
- Always think about how you can add value.
http://sk.curvybreasts.com/ What can we do in 2013 to better market our business?
- Unlock your tribal knowledge.
- Let me know about the things you are passionate about. Why is this community so great? What are 3 things I should know about this house or neighbourhood?
- Social media is an opportunity to share your knowledge
- Become liked, known and trusted.
- You can create an illusion of being everywhere by cherry picking your spots and consistently being present there.
- Don’t do it if you’re not going to commit to it.
- Go in to build relationships. Invest the time.
- Limit your platform choices and commit.
- Find Your Voice
- Don’t think about social media as work. Think about it as talking to people.
Paar sucht Sie in Neuss What platforms should realtors use?
- Start with who you want to reach. Then match your strategy and platform selection to best reach that customer.
abito pizzo nero corto Are there any DO NOT DOs in Social Media?
- Your public profile is both your business and personal profile. The are interconnected and you can’t unsay things so be careful of what you say. It’s like a person who is driving a company car with a logo on it then goes out and drives like an idiot in public.
- Don’t automate your feeds.
- Don’t give your brand to an 18 year old who is going to tweet for you.
- Don’t stray too far off point.
- Don’t wing it. Have some governance model or social media policy.
- Don’t get angry in social media channels.
Up next will be my notes from Scott Stratten’s talk.
Did I miss anything? Are there any points you can add or expand on? Please leave your message in the comments below.
Top 10 Most Popular Articles
- A Glossary of the Most Common Marketing Terms
- It’s A Small World After All
- The 5 Most Inspiring Marketing Books I’ve Ever Read
- How to Buy Radio Advertising in Calgary (or anywhere else)
- Transmedia Storytelling and Content Marketing
- The Most Predictive Sales KPIs – A Balanced Scorecard Approach
- The 25 Best Business Articles I’ve Ever Read
- Calgary Radio Advertising Checklist: Lite 95.9 or JACK FM #yyc
- Four Characteristics of an Adaptive Organization
- Part One: Building a Tribe – The Sufferfest #IWBMATTKYT
Sign up for our newsletter!