Passion at Work
Over the last couple of weeks, we’ve had a number of discussions about passion. I’ve begun to think that passion, above all other traits, is the key to success. You can see the passion in the new people at your office and makes them so much fun to be around. When someone is deeply passionate about a particular topic, they radiate when they speak about it. Ask a new parent to describe their newborn child. Passion, again.
I believe I’ve found my passion in marketing. I’m doing things in my work that I’ve never even considered possible before. My work life is blending with my out-of-work life and I love every minute of it. I’m happier than I’ve ever been in my career. I’m excited to wake up in the morning and yes, even on Mondays. Some of my colleagues have noted a positive change in my behaviour at work. If I were to relate it to sports, I’d say that I’m in The Zone.
Passion leads to innovation.
When asked why he wanted to be the first person on the planet to climb Mount Everest, George Mallory was said, “because it is there”. Nobody had ever done this before. No human had ever survived altitude like that before. No one had ever had to think about how to achieve this impossible task before. Clearly there was no logic to follow for Mallory and his team, passion had to guide them. Out of that passion came innovations that would help them survive. One such innovation was the multi-camp summit approach that, according to Conrad Anker in the movie “The Wildest Dream”, is the same acclimatization method used to summit Everest today. People with passion create an environment of solutions.
There are a lot of great quotes on passion. Let me leave you with this one. Passion is the genesis of Genius – Tony Robbins
What are you passionate about?
Top 10 Most Popular Articles
- A Glossary of the Most Common Marketing Terms
- The 5 Most Inspiring Marketing Books I’ve Ever Read
- It’s A Small World After All
- Transmedia Storytelling and Content Marketing
- The Most Predictive Sales KPIs – A Balanced Scorecard Approach
- Part One: Building a Tribe – The Sufferfest #IWBMATTKYT
- Calgary Radio Advertising Checklist: Lite 95.9 or JACK FM #yyc
- The 25 Best Business Articles I’ve Ever Read
- How to Buy Radio Advertising in Calgary (or anywhere else)
- Sean McPheat: 8 ½ Sins Of Highly Ineffective Sales Managers
Sign up for our newsletter!