I played the linebacker position in football for about 11 years. Over that time, nearly every defensive coach I had stressed how important it was head ‘em off at the pass rather than run to where the ball carrier is. Depending on where I was on the field, my angle of pursuit could be very shallow (if the ball carrier is close) or very steep (if the ball carrier was far away) . The video above offers a great explaination of the “angle of pursuit”.
In marketing, the consumers are the ball carrier. They are breaking away from the traditional media line of scrimmage. The consumer today has more control over brand’s identity than ever before. They engage with a brand when they want, in the format of their choice and share their personal experience with anyone who seeks it out. In other words, the ball carrier is in open field and running away.
In response, many of you are also changing your marketing strategies to chase down the consumer.
Some traditional media platforms like TV and Radio can still get your message in front of a large number of prospects. However, many businesses will either give up on the internet play or not bother trying at all. For those of us who try, the rewards will be huge. Choosing the right pursuit angle(s) can be our advantage.
There are lots of ways to co-ordinate traditional and digital media to make sure that your company remains in front of the customers. I believe there are 3 critical steps when to choosing the right marketing path.
- kuraca forum Re-allocate como aumentar de forma natural el tamaño de los senos your marketing resources to the media platforms that people currently use. In Canada TV, Radio and Internet are the 3 platforms that consumers spend most of their time with. This is the short term shallow angle.
- dương vât nam giơi Perform an audit of your existing in house marketing tools ie. your database to ensure that they are being used effectively as a way to engage and reward customers. This is the medium angle.
- jelken Venture online with a long term resource and engagement plan that utilizes the social media tools, platforms and sites to engage and connect with future buyers. You can use your traditional media program and database to direct people to your new brand experience. This is the long term deep angle and will require patience & perseverance.
So what’s your angle?
Top 10 Most Popular Articles
- A Glossary of the Most Common Marketing Terms
- It’s A Small World After All
- The 5 Most Inspiring Marketing Books I’ve Ever Read
- How to Buy Radio Advertising in Calgary (or anywhere else)
- Transmedia Storytelling and Content Marketing
- The Most Predictive Sales KPIs – A Balanced Scorecard Approach
- The 25 Best Business Articles I’ve Ever Read
- Calgary Radio Advertising Checklist: Lite 95.9 or JACK FM #yyc
- Four Characteristics of an Adaptive Organization
- Part One: Building a Tribe – The Sufferfest #IWBMATTKYT
Sign up for our newsletter!